Have a cup of cheer with these frosty whipped cream toppers, perfect for mugs of hot chocolate.
Use your favorite cookie cutters— or take our lead with a winter-wonderland theme—to pop out festive edible designs.
Get push notifications with news, features and more.
You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications.
After cutting out shapes, let the kids add sparkling sanding sugar, colorful sprinkles or crushed candy canes on top, and then refreeze as directed.
RELATED: Tis The Season for Holiday Treats! All the New Candy Confections and Sweet Snacks in Stores Now
Frozen Whipped Cream Toppers
2 cups very cold heavy cream 1 tsp. vanilla extract1/4 cup powdered sugar1/2 Tbsp. instant nonfat dry milk powder
1. In a large bowl, beat cold cream and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high, and gradually add sugar and milk powder, beating until fully incorporated and soft peaks form about 2 minutes.
2. Immediately transfer whipped cream to a parchment-paper-lined 9×12-inch rimmed Baking sheet using a rubber spatula.
3. Spread whipped cream into an even layer, about 1 inch thick.
4. Place baking sheet in the freezer until mixture hardens, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
5. Cut out frozen whipped cream shapes using cookie cutters. Return the whipped cream cut outs to the freezer until ready to serve, at least 1 hour. Serve over hot chocolate.